Brownfield Environmental Engineering Resources
Brownfield Environmental Engineering Resources, LLC was founded by Brad Brown in 2016 to service the growing demand for environmental consulting services in the Midwest. After college, Brad developed a strong background in construction management by working with several large contractors involved with road construction, specialty concrete, underground utilities, and site development. Brad led teams from the position of Superintendent, Project Manager, General Superintendent, and President. This experience honed his ability to work on complex projects and bring stakeholders together for overall success.
Brad moved into environmental engineering in 2004 and has been the lead engineer on multiple projects involving Phase II Site Investigations, Emergency Cleanup, and Construction Oversight. While working in the environmental field, he has built solid expertise in environmental regulatory compliance, regulatory permitting, remediation, and development. Working with a full range of public and private sector clients, he understands the client perspective for achieving project success.
Outside the office, Brad loves spending time with his family doing all kinds of outdoor activities, particularly hiking, traveling, and hunting. He serves as a Shirland Township Trustee, on the Shirland School Building Committee, and as a board member of the Stateline Fastpitch Girls’ Softball Organization. He also lends his engineering expertise as a member of the State of Illinois Department of Labor Amusement Ride and Attractions Safety Board.
Education and Professional Certifications
- BS Civil Engineering, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale (1988)
- Licensed Professional Engineer. States of Illinois, Wisconsin & Iowa
- Certified Bridge Inspector. Federal Highway Administration (1994)
- Marshall Mix Design for Asphalt Concrete. Asphalt Institute (1993)
- Certified Level One and Level Two QA/QC Program. IDOT (1993)
- 40 Hour HAZMAT Certification
- Certified Asbestos Inspector (Illinois, Wisconsin; 2008)
- Certified Asbestos Project Designer (Illinois)
- IDOT Construction Documentation Certification (2010)
- Member Illinois Society of Professional Engineers (ISPE)
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Part 46 Certification
Statement of Qualifications
Our Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) outlines the services provided and highlights important projects for which our staff has held key leadership positions. To obtain a copy of our SOQ please submit your contact information below..